Thank you for choosing to pay your BMAA membership fee by Direct Debit. Please read the information below carefully.
Confirmation and Set up
Following your request to set up a Direct Debit a member of the BMAA staff will call you on the telephone number that you have given and ask three verification questions. This protects you against possible fraud.
When the Direct Debit Instruction has been sent to the bank the BMAA will send you a letter within 3 days confirming:
- The Bank details provided
- The date of the first and subsequent payments
- The amount to be debited from your account
If there is any delay in setting up and lodging your Direct Debit Instruction the BMAA will advise you. If the delay will be by more than 10 working days you will be notified separately of the date that it will be processed, however you will still receive confirmation of Direct Debit details as normal.
The Direct Debit Guarantee
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debits
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit the BMAA will notify you at least 5 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request the BMAA to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the BMAA or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
– If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when the BMAA asks you to
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us.
Are you the account holder?
Only the holder of the account that is to be used for the Direct Debit can set it up using this web site. If you are not the account holder please advise us, using one of the communication options below, of the holder's postal address and we will send out a paper Direct Debit Instruction form which they will have to return to us to complete the set up.
Rest assured that your transmission of data is protected by a secure server complying with the Bacs minimum standards SHA-256 SSL and supporting TLS1.1 and TLS1.2.
If you have any queries about the Direct Debit Membership option please contact our Membership Secretary for clarification using one of the methods below.
Telephone: 01869 338888
The British Microlight Aircraft Association
6 Somerville Court
Banbury Business Park