The BMAA AGM will be held by virtual means on 26 September 2020 starting at 1000
Because of lockdown and the social distancing requirements that were in force in May 2020 the BMAA AGM was postponed. The BMAA Articles of Association require an AGM to be held every year. Changes in regulation now allow us to hold an AGM without having to have physical presence at a particular place. The change was made specifically as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The BMAA AGM will be held using the Zoom application. To attend the virtual meeting you will need to be able to use Zoom which can be accessed using a computer connected to the internet or mobile devices such as tablets and smart-phones. There is a program/app to set up, so it is best to set up your device before the meeting.
To take part in the meeting you will need to register through this website using the form below. It will help greatly if you can complete the form no later than 1600 on Friday 25 September. You will be sent an invitation to join the meeting by email shortly before the AGM.
The opportunity to ask questions during the meeting will be through the Zoom Q&A facility.
BMAA AGM 2020 AGENDA
26 September 1000
(Hosted by video conferencing using the Zoom platform)
1)Apologies for absence
2) BMAA Chairman’s opening remarks Rob Hughes
3) Minutes of the 2019 AGM to be accepted. (These are published on the BMAA website.) https://www.bmaa.org/the-bmaa/governance/bmaa-documents)
4) Chief Executive’s Report Geoff Weighell
5) The annual report including staff reports has been published on the BMAA website. https://www.bmaa.org/the-bmaa/governance/bmaa-documents
6) Treasurer’s Report Derek Lamb
7) Member’s Questions received in advance
8)Member’s Questions by Zoom “Q&A”
9) Results of the 2020 Council Elections
Elected Rob Hughes 388 votes
Elected Eddie McCallum 280 votes
Not Elected Doug Coppin 187 votes
10) Results of the 2020 proposals voting:
PROPOSAL 1: To accept the accounts for the financial year 2018-2019
For 428 Against 8 Abstained 15 Result Carried
PROPOSAL 2: To re-appoint the auditors, Ellacotts of Banbury for the financial year 2019-2020
For 429 Against 6 Abstained 16 Result Carried
PROPOSAL 3: To increase the membership fees by £2.00
For 362 Against 83 Abstained 6 Result Carried
11) Date of next AGM
To attend the virtual AGM please complete the form below.