bmaa flight safety home page
BMAA Flight Training Liaison and Safety Officer Introduction and Role
As part of its commitment to promote a positive flight safety culture among its pilots, the BMAA employs a Flight Training Liaison and Safety Officer. The key elements to the role are, in no particular order:
- Analysing accidents and incidents to establish a method of dealing with common causes.
- To liaise with microlight instructors and examiners to promote the improvement of handling and airmanship skills.
- Presenting safety information in an effective manner to our membership
- Regularly contributing a flight safety section to Microlight Flying magazine
- Representing the BMAA to work with other aviation industry organisations and coordinate with national safety improvement policies.
- Coordinating risk assessments for BMAA events and competitions
- Maintaining the training syllabus
- Reviewing and maintaining the pilot examinations.
The Safety Officer is available to assist and offer guidance on any matters concerning microlight flight safety or gaining an NPPL(M).