Airspace- a vital resource
London Oxford Airport (loa) ACP
Link to the LOA Consultation document. Please read this document. Consider how it will affect you directly and microlight flying in the vicinity in general. Please be prepared to comment. Closing date for responses 5th April 2018
BMAA initial guidance for members. This document is written to help members wade through the consultation document highlighting the key points that we have identified. It also contains details of how to respond to the consultation. A very brief summary of our objections is noted here:
The BMAA, as the representative body of microlight pilots, strongly objects to the LOA ACP on the grounds that:
- it is not needed for flight safety reasons;
- it has the potential to reduce flight safety;
- it will reduce airspace availability for other legitimate users;
- it has the potential to increase the environmental impact of aviation emissions by creating more track miles to be flown to pass around the airspace;
- it has the potential to increase the environmental impact of aviation emissions by creating noise hot spots.
BMAA Consultation response. This has now been submitted. To read a copy follow this link.
LOA Consultation Report. Published 26 October 2018. To read a copy follow this link.